Monday, June 23, 2008

HOW TO WIN CUSTOMERS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE Issue 4

Welcome back to HOW TO WIN CUSTOMERS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE: Marketing tips, ideas, insights, reviews and rants. As always, the focus is on winning new customers-and bringing back old ones-through persuasive writing.

In this issue:
1. MORTY RIDES AGAIN
2. BLOG PR WITHOUT A BLOG
3. COPYWRITING CHECKLIST
4. MEANWHILE BACK AT THE RANCH...

NOTE: Special thanks to Shel Horowitz who alerted readers of his newsletter that "too many web links (URLs) cause certain spam filters to kick in." So I'm following Shel's lead and just giving one link to a special blog site I set up for the newsletter: http://tinyurl.com/59ldn5. On that page, you'll find all the other links I removed.

1. MORTY RIDES AGAIN
From out of the past.... the daring and resourceful marketing rider of the mails once again leads the fight to get the order!... Return with us now to the thrilling adventures of the Marketing Man.... Hi Yo Schiller! Morty rides again!

All right. Enough of that. I'm back. And I'm here to help you make more money. So here's the long awaited issue of my newsletter of compelling ideas for copywriting, marketing, PR and more, to improve your bottom line.

You're getting this newsletter because you either subscribed from my website or blog. Or you might have been added to the invitation list because you are a client, colleague, prospect or friend.

I know. I know.... With all the spam and junk glutting your mailbox these days, the last thing you need is a subscription you don't want! So if you've had enough of newsletters, even this one, here's your chance to leave the wagon train. You can simply unsubscribe below. Don't worry I'll get over it.

If you got this newsletter from a friend and want your own subscription, I am honored. Just go to the Subscribe link below, click and smile.

2. BLOG PR WITHOUT A BLOG
You don't need your own blog to make use blogs for PR. I was part of a panel at PMA University on Advanced PR techniques with Steve O'Keefe of Patron Saint Productions and Penny Sansevieri of Author Marketing Experts. The session focused on author tours and blogging. I spoke on Blog PR for books, specifically about my blog campaign with Steve for Alan Dershowitz's book "The Case for Peace," the sequel to his New York Times bestseller "The Case for Israel."

To promote the book, I contacted Jewish-interest blogs and commented on relevant posts. Where I thought it was unwise to intrude with a comment, I sent a letter to the blogmaster offering a free review copy. You can see some of the results if you google "dershowitz peace mordechai schiller."

Nice postscript: The recordings of the PMA University sessions have been released and our session was listed as

***TOP SELLER*** 4A. Advanced Internet Publicity: Online Author Tours

You can order the CD at AVMG Media Store. (Disclosure: I don't get any commission. Just makes me feel good.)

3. COPYWRITING CHECKLIST
Preparing for a copywriting assignment? Whether you write your own copy or hire a copywriter, the first step is gathering information. Email me for a free "Copywriting Checklist" with guidelines to help you write selling copy. (It's not a formal questionnaire, though some of my clients have used it that way. Think of it as seeding the clouds for brainstorming.)

4. MEANWHILE BACK AT THE RANCH: Morty in the News
Jason Alba, author of "I'm on LinkedIn - Now What???" and CEO - JibberJobber.com, declared "Personal Branding Winner of the Month for May 2008 - Morty Schiller!" He had some other nice things to say too. Check it out at http://tinyurl.com/6bfk3d

Business to Business and SEO marketing expert Dianna Huff published a case study about a viral video campaign I did for CYBRA Corporation:
B2B MarCom Writer Blog: "CYBRA’s “MarkMagic” Videos Deliver Humor Plus Product Benefits"
http://marcom-writer-blog.com/?p=240
and
Dianna Huff's MarCom Strategist: "CYBRA Uses Humor and Video to Sell the Sizzle of Bar Code Software" http://www.dhcommunications.com/free/mcn060608.htm
(Glossary:MarCom is short for Marketing Communications. Business to Business or B2B is what used to be called "industrial marketing" or marketing products and services from one business to another business, as distinct from the more familiar Business to Consumer marketing.)

AND MUCH, MUCH MORE....
If you enjoy How to Win Customers and Influence People, please forward it to your friends and colleagues. Want to know more? Want to be the next one to profit from my copywriting? Don't wait: Call today: (718) 253-1043 or email me: mailto:morty@mortyschiller.com.

Just want some more useful tips and ideas? Check out the articles at MortySchiller.com. I promise you no dancing bears or tinny music. Just more marketing smarts.

To your success!

All the best,
Morty


If you want to unsubscribe from our newsletter click here

0 comments: